Regularly changing your motor oil is the single most important thing that you can do for your vehicle. That's why Castrol Premium Lube Express recommends that you change your motor oil and replace the oil filter every 3,000 miles. Regular oil changes remove old, dirty motor oil and replace it with clean, fresh motor oil -- which helps ensure proper engine function, and helps extend the life of your engine.
Additionally, every oil change service at Castrol Premium Lube Express includes a thorough Castrol® Multi-Point Inspection of the major systems and components on your vehicle. Checking these systems regularly helps prevent unexpected failures and costly repairs.
Regular oil changes provide the following benefits:
- Lubricate your engine so that it runs more smoothly
- Clean your engine by removing deposits and sludge
- Cool your engine and stabilize operating temperature
- Protect your engine by reducing friction and wear
- Improve engine performance and maximize power
- Increase gas mileage and run more efficiently
Note on Extended Drain Intervals:
Certain types of motor oil (e.g., synthetics) may be changed at extended intervals, but this depends on the vehicle and driving conditions ("normal" or "severe"). You should always check your vehicle owner's manual and adhere to their guidelines at a minimum, but regularly changing your motor oil and oil filter is critical to the maintenance of any vehicle.